First of all, as you may have already noticed, I’m not a good writer. Maybe because I really didn’t pay attention in my English/Grammar class, or maybe because I don’t read much. That said, do any of you know the official correct way of spelling
make-up or makeup or is it make-up? Anyways…
One of my goals for this year is to really embrace my inner minimalist. After deciding to minimize my wardrobe I had no reason not to tackle my bathroom. It’s a good thing I did. I was shocked. If you were to ask any of my friends, make-up is not something I’m known for wearing much of. So, why in the world do I have a bowl full of it? (I keep my make-up in a glass bowl, is that weird?) I must admit, Youtube’s beauty gurus have influenced me.
To minimize, I picked out my favorites and this is whats now inside my small make-up bag. My everyday routine only consists of a drop of foundation and some eyeliner. Everything else is for date night, meetings, and some blog posts.
1. Bareskin Brightening Serum Foundation in Bare Tan – I bought this last year shortly after it first came out. I decided to keep it because it can be lightweight but you can also build it up for full coverage. (I hardly go for full coverage. I don’t like the feeling.) Usually, one drop does the trick.
2. Fake Up by Benefit Cosmetics. I love this concealer. My under eye area tends to stay dry for the majority of the time. Other concealers tend to dry that area even more and it makes my under eye area look cake-y. This one has a hydrating ring around the concealer. Its easier to blend out and it looks natural.
3. BareMinerals PerfectingFace Brush. I love the design. It holds and applies the product evenly.
4. BareMinerals Warmth All Over Face Color. It gives a natural sun-kissed touch. It’s a summer favorite.
5. Elf kabuki Face Brush. I use it to apply Warmth to my cheeks and nose.
6. Naked3 Palette. I love this neutral rose-hued palette. It’s great for all season and day/night wear.
7. Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. I have, by far, the worst ability to do a cat eye with liquid eyeliner. The felt tip on this makes it easier on my shaky hand.
8. BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara. One word: flawless.
9. Elf Lipgloss in a soft pink. I mostly use this on the weekends when I hardly ever wear makeup.
10. Revlon Super Lustrous in Honey Bare. Also my everyday perfect shade for a natural lip.
Bonus: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red. This is the perfect shade of red for my skin tone. I only wear it on those special occasions.
My goal is to not add any more products to my current makeup routine and to only keep 10 or fewer items inside my makeup bag at all times.