So, last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Samantha, the beautiful author of The Lovely Stars blog. The Liebster Award was created to recognize new bloggers with under 200 followers. The goal is to discover new blogs, encourage one another, and to grow as a community.
These are the rules:
- Thank the blog(s) that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Ask them 11 questions for them to answer.
The Q & A:
1. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
A dentist. I wanted to be many things as a child (ballerina, violinist, cat – I still want to be a cat) but the one that stuck the longest was wanting to be a dentist. It happened after my brother asked me to pull out his baby tooth.
2. What is your favorite book and why?
The Making of a Marchioness. I’m not an avid reader but occasionally enjoy a good book. Emily Fox-Seton and I have much in common. We both come from humble beginnings, go out of our way to please others, and we happily make the best of bad situations. It, of course, ends with her marrying Lord Walderhurst and living happily ever after. As it should be. The book is not for everyone but I love it!
3. What is the most daring item on your bucket list?
Hmm… This is a hard one, I don’t have a bucket list. If I did have one, I would say jumping off the pier into the ocean. As a kid, I saw a kid do it once. It freaked me out. #8 explains why.
4. What movie or book had the most influence on you growing up?
I remember the very first time I watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s. It was a cold rainy day, which is uncommon in Southern California. I was bored and flipping through the channels when the scene in which Holly is getting ready to go to Sing-Sing came on. I remember thinking thats how I want to be. I want to be able to get up in the mornings, throw on a dress, tame my eyebrows, put on some eyeliner, perfume and lipstick and head out the door looking flawlessly chic. I’ll let you know when I achieve this.
5. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Making the move to Ecuador with only 9 suitcases and 2 cats. I quit my job, we simplified our lives (sold everything, left nothing behind) and moved to an unknown area. It was scary but we survived and have happily lived here for over a year. It’s something we will always reminisce on.
6. Who is your favorite actress?
Marie Cotillard. She is a lovely actress, beautiful woman, and I love her style!
7. What does your dream vacation entail?
Snow, cabin, pine trees everywhere, a nice fire, comfy couch, and a good movie.
8. What is your biggest fear?
Water. I have a fear of drowning. As a child I never took baths, for a while I would lather up and then only turn on the shower to rinse. I don’t like the the ocean, lakes, or swimming pools. The funny thing is that I have no problem going into rivers.
9. Do you have any hidden talents?
Sigh… I guess. I can make the chewbacca noise.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people chew with their mouth open or just loudly. It’s like nails on a chalkboard.
11. What upcoming projects or events have you the most excited?
Living with my spring capsule wardrobe, going to CatCon and attending the Tiny House Jamboree.
- I have a pressed penny collection of the places we’ve visited.
- The longest time I’ve gone without being owned by a cat is 2 months.
- I can’t walk in a straight line.
- I just really don’t like butterflies. I’m so sorry but I don’t think they are pretty.
- When I’m truly laughing or smiling I wrinkle my nose.
- I was a happy homeschooled teenager.
- 5 days a week for 4 yrs I took violin classes and learned nothing. I was afraid of sounding terrible so my bow never touched the strings.
- My biggest regret in life is number 7.
- I met my best friend and husband through a text about car rims. The weird thing is he’s not a car guy and I didn’t have a fancy far.
- I’m a rainbow of personalities, according to The Color Code book. At least it’s better than having no personality as I was told by college counselors, character tests, and the book Please Understand Me.
- French fries or ice cream? French fries. No, ice cream. Wait, french fries. Ahhh! BOTH.
My 11 questions for you:
- What inspired you to start your own blog?
- French fries or ice cream?
- Do you have a favorite area in your home?
- If you had to choose one last meal what would it be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Inception or Sense and Sensibility?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What do you do or not do to cheer yourself up?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- If you could have a superpower what would it be?
- Do you have a favorite tv commercial?